This is the 21st year that HCDC has recognized businesses and individuals, representing small, local businesses and major international corporations:
- Larry Albice Entrepreneurial Award – Jack Wyant, Blue Chip Venture Co.
- Ronald Schallick Economic Development Award – GE Aviation
- Borrower of the Year – All About Kids Childcare and Learning Centers
- Lender of the Year – Fifth Third Bank
- Lending Advocate of the Year – Harry Eberle, Jr., RE/MAX of Southern Ohio
- HCBC Tenant of the Year – General Nano
Jim Kaiser, president and founder of All About Kids Childcare and Learning Centers, stated in the Enquirer’s article that financing his group obtained with help from HCDC helped his business make a big jump last year.
“All About Kids had a tremendous 2012, and with the financial help of organizations like the SBA and HCDC, we were able to grow our business while helping several local entrepreneurs achieve their dreams of owning and operating their own franchises,” said Jim Kaiser, president and founder of All About Kids. “Despite an uncertain economy, we grew nearly 50 percent in 2012, adding nearly 120 jobs to the local economy.”
The Larry Albice Entrepreneurial Award recognizes an entrepreneur who successfully headed a business and has given back to the community.
“Larry and I shared a mentor in Jack Roy,” said Wyant. “We conferred often about business matters and giving back. This award brings the three of us; Jack, Larry, and me; together, which means so much to me.”