Small Business Coach (active listing)
HCDC, Inc. seeks a part-time Small Business Coach to provide business coaching and advice to small and micro-businesses throughout Hamilton County with a focus on business districts. Small Business Coaches assist small businesses with various types of planning and development through direct coaching/advising and connections with a variety of local resources available. This position spends a lot of time out in the community and occasionally requires evening and/or weekend meetings. We offer the right candidate an opportunity to be part of a team passionate about revitalizing and growing local communities via small business outreach.
- Performs outreach and delivers presentations to community councils, business groups, and community storefront businesses to promote services.
- Provides small businesses with business management assistance and coaching.
- Conducts business analysis for companies including needs assessment, strategic planning, business plan review and development, marketing plan development, operations planning, financial analysis and planning, and project implementation planning.
- Acts as connecting liaison for outreach clients involving third-party providers of business assistance and services.
- Follows up and monitors the progress of client companies to ensure businesses are making the connections and getting the assistance they need.
- Markets the various assistance services targeted for small businesses in Southwest Ohio.
- Collects and maintains demographic information for reporting on our client companies.
- Establish and maintain/enhance relationships with appropriate economic development organizations, financial institutions, business support organizations, community leaders, and other local resources.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of small business issues
- Valid Driver’s License
- Some travel may be required
- Entrepreneurial experience preferred.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Public Speaking experience preferred.
- Passion for working with small businesses and entrepreneurs
- Strong oral and written communication skills demonstrating tact, diplomacy, professionalism, and a positive demeanor. Public speaking experience preferred.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, and assess credit risk. Able to interpret and understand financial statements, ratios, and various accounting issues and principles.
- High level of judgment and decision-making skills that allow for identifying areas of need, defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, drawing valid conclusions, and determining possible solutions to meet needs.
- Problem-solving skills include identifying the root cause, envisioning future needs, and correcting/planning accordingly.
- Computer skills and comfortability utilizing various technology including Microsoft Office Applications, Google Workspace Applications, and other web-based systems.
- Time management skills include multitasking, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines for a wide variety of tasks.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
Job Type: Part-time Hourly (20 hours per week)
Salary Range: $35 -$45/hr (DOQ)
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Additional annual contribution to 401(k) depending on organizational results
- 9 Vacation Days accrued annually to start (increases with tenure)
- 3 Sick Days accrued annually
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Remote hybrid work option
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
HCDC, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. HCDC, Inc. believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.
Established in 1983, HCDC, Inc. helps build businesses and promote job creation in three ways: Business Incubation, Business Lending, and Economic Development Services. HCDC is a multi-program economic development organization that has nurtured over 325 incubator tenants, financed over $4 billion in projects, and has helped attract and create tens of thousands of local jobs. Visit HCDC.com for more information.